School is back in session and perhaps you find yourself as an empty nester for the first time in many years. This initial period of freedom can be tricky when your kids first go off to college and maybe you want to try and keep things just the way they are.
On the other hand, you may realize you now have all this space and perhaps you are envisioning a sewing room, library or home office, but what do you do with all your children’s things?
Making Space Once the Kids Leave for College
Now is your time. A time to take up new hobbies, work from home more or even think about retirement and all those things you have wanted to do for many years. Now is the time to free up some space in your home.
No doubt your children will want their things when college is finished, they may even want access to them every time they come home on a break. So you need a solution that keeps everyone happy.
Self-storage is a great solution because it allows you to free up space in your own home while still keeping your children’s belongings safe and sound.
How to Store Your Kids Belongings
If you are looking to keep your child’s belongings in good condition it is important to store it right. Here are some tips when it comes to using Auburn storage units to free up space in your home.
- Use Clear Plastic Containers – This will make things easier to find and keep items protected from moisture.
- Stack Items Needed Often in the Front – When you are filling up Auburn storage units, stack buckets or items that have things that will be needed more often up the front of the storage unit.
- Wrap Furniture – To protect furniture be sure to wrap it in soft blankets or sheets. This will allow you to protect the furniture without worrying about condensation or moisture being trapped. Avoid wrapping furniture in plastic.
- Climate Control – If your child has a comic book collection or they have other items that are sensitive to temperature changes and moisture levels, using climate controlled Auburn storage units can help.
- Stay Close to Home – Finding Auburn storage units that are close to home is a good idea. This way when children return for the summer, they don’t have to go far to grab their belongings. It also makes it easier when you get those notes from school asking you to send them their favorite sweater!
Auburn Storage Units for All Your Storage Needs
If you are looking for storage while your children are away at school, the team at Copper Knoll Mini Storage can help. We offer a range of great Auburn storage units to meet your specific needs. Contact the team at Copper Knoll Mini Storage today!
This blog originally appeared at Copper Knoll Mini-Storage’s blog at http://copperknollministorage.com/blog/self-storage-college-kids-school/.