If you are overrun by personal documents whether it be personal documents or documents for your small business, you may be looking for solutions. Copper Knoll Mini Storage can be a great solution however you need to make sure you store your documents correctly to preserve them.
The first place you will want to start is finding Auburn self storage units that are close to home or work. There is nothing worse than having to drive for 30 minutes to grab that important file or paper. You will also want to look for a storage facility that gives you access to a climate controlled unit, this will help protect your documents.
Once you have found Auburn self storage units that are close to home and you are ready to store your documents there are a few things you will want to do to protect them.
Document Storage for Individuals
There is a right way to store documents in Auburn Self Storage units. This will ensure that your important documents don’t end up destroyed or damaged before you are ready to part with them.
- Use document storage boxes. These should be cardboard boxes that are sturdy. If your documents don’t fill the whole box use some filler material.
- Make sure your boxes are no heavier than 30 pounds so they can be moved around as needed.
- Use shelving, pallets or even cardboard to keep the boxes off the ground.
- If you have documents that include sensitive materials or that need extra security use file cabinets or fire safes.
- Label each box with something that will help you work out what is in the box quickly.
- Use a map so that you know how to find what you need quickly.
- For boxes you don’t need access to on a regular basis use packing tape, to secure them.
Once you have your documents stored away in Self Storage Units in Auburn, be sure not to share the access code with just anyone and perform regular unit checks to make sure everything is still in good condition.
Self Storage Units in Auburn
If you are looking for Auburn Self Storage units that are perfect for document storage, stop by or call us today at Copper Knoll Mini Storage. We offer a range of storage choices to fit your needs. Our property is secure and our units are dry and clean. Start storing your important documents today in a safe and secure storage unit, call the storage experts at Copper Knoll Mini Storage!
This blog originally appeared on Copper Knoll Mini-Storage’s blog at http://copperknollministorage.com/blog/document-storage-for-individuals/.