If you are a wine collector, you may be running out of room to store all of your beautiful bottles that you have collected over the years. It is important to keep your collection in a safe space that you can easily keep organized and protected from the weather changes.
If you are a winery, you may also be in need of space for not just bottles of wine but casks and other instruments you need for your business. Whether you collect wine or you own a winery, self-storage can be a great solution.
Self Storage for Wineries and Wine Collectors
If you are considering self-storage for your wine collection there are some things you will want to make sure you do before choosing a self-storage company.
- Check that the Premises are Secure – Your wine collection and wine equipment can be worth thousands of dollars so you want to make sure the storage facility you choose has good security around the clock. A gated facility is a good place to start.
- Inside Storage Units – Inside storage units are more likely to have some sort of temperature control. You want your wine to age gracefully so it’s important that the storage unit has some protection from changing temperatures.
- Enough Space – No use hiring a storage unit if you don’t have enough space. The good news is that even the smallest unit can work when you add correct shelving to the unit. Look for a storage facility that gives you different size options so you can switch out as needed.
- Close to Home – No use having your valuable bottles or business equipment stashed too far from your home or your office. Choose a location that is convenient so you can get what you want as you need it.
What You Can do to Improve the Space for Your Collection
Most storage units are blank canvases, but there are things you can do to improve the space. With this blank canvas, you can have fun creating the perfect wine storage space for your collection.
- Add high-quality wine racks to the storage space.
- Consider adding a cooling unit to help keep an average temperature.
- Wine is light sensitive so try and make sure there aren’t large gaping holes or cracks letting too much light in.
- No matter how you store your wine bottles, make sure there is plenty of space between each bottle for ventilation.
How We Can Help You and Your Wine Collection
Here at Self Storage of Windsor, we offer a large range of storage choices for your wine collection and other valuables. Our storage experts are always here to help. Contact us today at Self Storage of Windsor and let us help you keep your wine collection safe and secure.
This blog originally appeared on Self Storage of Windsor’s blog at http://selfstorageofwindsor.com/storage-options-wineries-wine-collectors/.